I'm obviously off to a slow start in this Blogging adventure ... I've spent the last month trying to get back into 'work' mode. You see, I have summers off because I work in a school system so when its time to get back into gear its like re-orienting myself all over again. I believe in having time to myself and when UI no longer do ... it takes getting used to.

So I spent a month focusing at the task at hand, doing various Craft related things and being more social then usual. I'm not a social person, I don't like socials - I could be a happy hermit, except I do have a few folks I'd miss :) When I refer to Craft , I'm usually refering to my pagan lifestyle, mindset and other bits of mystism that I find important or curious in my spiritual development. I am always willing to converse about Craft and spirituality ... and philosophy! Its my favorite kind of conversation - I know nothing of sports and am volitile when discussing politics & religion. I almost always have an opinion, popular or not and if I don't theres a reason why, lol

I'm home sick with a cold today but am heading back to work tomorrow, like it or not. I'm hoping that getting the cold over with now in order to get a flu shot will benefit the long run. Last year I suffered many bouts of respiratory illnesses and want to avoid the same this year. I've never had a flu shot so I'm not sure what to expect.

Anyways ... I built a labyrinth last week for a Pagan Harvest Festival. It was a really nice 3 circuit square made from birdseed. I laid it out, filled in the seed, smudged it then 'opened' it to the energy under it. Now, I guess I should point out that though my blog is more a reflection of life and the mazes we sometimes find ourselves wandering, I want my Life to be a labyrinth because they are 'good things' it won't hurt you like a maze can. Mazes have pitfalls and dead ends - labyrinths are a single path that winds smoothly inward than turns and moves back out. I love labyrinths. They fascinate me and I love making them, especially big ones outside!! As a practicing pagan I believe that building a labyrinth with hand & heart is a good thing :) I wish I had taken pictures of this one.

I'm currently trying to get on track with my fitness program again but am completely unwilling to exercise when I'm sick - the best you'll get is a walk. Hopefully this clears up before the weekend. I could restart on the weekend and still get some rest. This is the plan.

Keep smilin'

0 comments:

Post a Comment